Hello everybody! I discovered this wonderful survey from Corina, at Happily Ever After. It was created by Jamie of The Perpetual Page Turner. Since I’m a sucker for lists, challenges, tags etc. I jumped right in. So this is my Book Survey!
2016 Reading Stats:
Number Of Books You Read: 102
Number of Re-Reads: 2-3. This yeas was so full of incredible new releases I had no time for the old goodies. Don’t know if it’s a good or a bad thing.
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary Romance, NA.
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
This book blew me away. It was so different from any other book I’d ever read that it left me with no terms of comparison. It was simply a beautiful story. Plus, the style is the stuff book-lover’s wet dreams are made of.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Let’s just say it wasn’t a good surprise.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
The dynamics in this book reminded me a bit of those between Emily and O’Connell in “The Hurricane”, even if the sport was a different one. I guess it was Miranda’s character that reminded me of Emily or maybe the fact that Jake was a bad boy with a golden heart. Anyway, I think lots of “The Hurricane” lovers will try this one.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Kennedy Fox. This writing duo really did it for me. The heat level is over 9000! And the dialogues, the dynamics, the characters were all so amazing I immediately fell in love with their books.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Comfort zone, where are you? Nowhere in sight in this book, let me tell you. Still, I loved it to bits. Even in its grossest, rawest parts.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
I was going to say Jav from “An Exaltation of Larks,” but I feel like if I let it be that book would be the only one featured on this list. So I’m going with another character that really stuck with me: Damien. I started this book thinking I’d be reading a light-hearted romance. It wasn’t. Chelsea and Damien’s story was epic. Just epic. And Damien especially was one hell of a character, rounded, fleshed-out. An instant book-boyfriend.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
See? I told you this book would be everywhere. And I mean EVERRRRRYWHERE! But really, it was beautifully written. Hands down, number one, one mile ahead of every other one.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
See answer n. 12… I know, I totally suck.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
I’m ashamed of myself. It took me ages to get to read this one!!!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
There are too many passages and quotes. Here on the blog I always post my favorites on the sidebar. Right now I really can’t choose one.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
The first is a 4 pages novella. Can you even call it a novella? Outlander is 896 pages long, but considering I DNF-ed it’s not the longest I read. Dunno which one is. I think one of the challenges for this month holds the answer, but am too lazy to check 😉
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Yeah… I think we all know whose death shocked me. I’m not really even a fan of this book, but again, I wanted to put AEoL and I had to refrain. Plus, the final plot-twist was kind of a shocker.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Book-boyfriend number #1. Tutor girl and hot jock that turns out to have the biggest golden heart ever known to mankind. Romeo and Rimmel are the new Romeo and Juliet but without the insta-love and the awkward death thing in the end.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Easton and Ella. Can’t wait for Easton’s book to come out, whenever that will happen
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
It was everywhere on my GR feed, plus it’s a novella, so it didn’t require much commitment. My first AR’s book. Awww.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Fictional crush, what a cute name. A more fitting term would be “character I’d chain in my basement to have my wicked way with every day ending in Y”. Or “character I’d roofie only to marry in Vegas”.
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
It was really spunky for a YA. The heroine had a lot of bite. Me likes this kind of heroine. Plus, the H was a contradiction and me likes contradictions too. At first it seems like he’s just another F-student stuck with a school project he doesn’t care about, but then we get to know his hidden French-ness and passions. It was a nice discovery that gave him depth.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The mansion is like my second home now and Ward’s world-building is pure amazeballs-ness.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Do tears of frustration count? I’m not much of a crier and I don’t read many sob-stories
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Here we go again.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
All aboard the crazy train! Ciuff-ciuff.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The effing push and pull in this one was excruciating. It wore me down!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To Read In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
This book has been super-recommended to me. I was supposed to start it at Christmas, as a personal treat, but uni got in the way.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I don’t know… Can I say my own? Ahahah.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
At last! I need more Vlad in my life. 2016 has been sorely missing some vitamine V.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
I hope next year I’ll be able to read more fun romances and NA. Looking back, this year I went a lot with the general flow, yielding to the buzz and reading books that weren’t exactly my jam only because they were highly recommended or had high ratings. Also, more PNR would be nice. So basically I need to be more picky with my reads.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Now, I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone, really, but it was a good book so I’m sure sports-romance lovers will enjoy this one. I have a feeling I’ll soon be recommending Good Boy to everyone who’ll listen, but since I still haven’t read it, it wouldn’t be fair.