Hello everybody! I’m sorry I’ve been kind of absent lately but that’s what happens when I have really nothing to do. I keep reading and reading and reading and everything else gets left behind. Boo me!
But… I just got tagged by the lovely Sophie @Beware of the Reader. Thank you, Sophie!!!
This tag was originally reacted by Zuky the BookBum @bookbum.co.uk
– Link back to my (BookBum’s) original post, so I can see all your answers! (Remember to do this via pingback, I don’t get notified if you just tag my url)
-Thank the person(s) who tagged you… show some love!
-Come up with your answers
-Then tag others to keep the tag going!
You are cast away onto a remote island:
You can bring 5 albums, what are they?
You can bring ONE book (not including The Bible (or other appropriate religious texts) or The Complete Works of Shakespeare, as they are already provided and NO SERIES), what ONE book is it?
You can have one luxury item (it has to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island), what is it?
Now, I have to make a confession… I love music but I don’t listen to albums. I listen to the radio and I have endless playlists on Spotify, so this is going to be tricky, but I’ll give it my best.
The big 5:
- Nevermind by Nirvana. This album… well, at least some songs on this album, remind me of some special people and of some great time we had together. Since we live in different parts of Europe now, it brings me back to when we were all together, in our “Golden Age.”
- My Favorite Faded Fantasy by Damien Rice. I love the atmosphere this album creates and Damien’s voice is simply fantastic in this broken, unique way of his.
- The Soundrack of Pirates of the Caribbean by Hans Zimmer. When I listen to this music, I do not think of the movie. I listened to “Wheel of Fortune” and “One Day” on repeat while reading The Night Huntress series and for me these two things will always be connected.
- The Truth Is… (special edition) by Theory of a Deadman. I don’t know if I should be ashamed of liking them. Some of their lyrics leave me absolutely enraged with them and the chords are everything but complicated, but yet I find their tunes catchy and can’t stop humming them.
- Night Visions by Imagine Dragons. Truly, I love lots of their songs which aren’t in this album, too. But I realllly adored Demons when it came out and actually sand Radioactive at a talent show one summer. I find their melodies different and super interesting and they have these… blasting moments in their songs when you just want to sing along and move and dance and punch something, you know. Like every time I listen to “Believer”, their new song, I get all excited because the timing of the word “pain” is just so perfect.
One book is hard. I mean, it was hard only listing five albums, and I’m not half the music lover as I am the book lover. One book is torture!!!! And no series, seriously?
Now, I have 71 books on my favorites shelf, but I only have one book on a shelf I named with the exact title of the book, because it blew me away. And yes, I don’t know whether I’d re-read it endlessly, but what I know is that this book is life itself and if I were to be stuck for my whole life on a desert island, this book and Jav’s story surely would not make me lose hope.
So the book is, unsurprisingly, “An Exaltation of Larks” by Suanne Laqueur.
My luxury object:
I guess choosing another book would be cheating. So I think I’d pick a writing kit, meaning and endless supply of notepads and pens. Yeah, endless supply because we’re being hypothetical here and because I have no intention of becoming the new Tom Hanks.
Now, onto the nominations:
Mia @Mia the Book Addict
Geybie @Geybie’s book blog